1. Lessons for the 2020-2021 school year start the week of September 14, 2020, and end on June 18, 2020.
2. Monthly cost of tuition for the 2020-2021 school year will remain the same at $1050 per year for a group lesson, and $1300 for a 30 minute private lesson, payable in 10 equal installments (Sept-June) of $105 (group lessons) or $130 (private lessons). Payments will be processed via automatic payment using stripe on the first of the month.
An alternate pay date can be setup if needed based on your family’s paycheck schedule. For your convenience, an invoice reminder will be emailed on the day that your payment is deducted.
3. Students will receive 34 lessons and 2 performance opportunities throughout the school year. This could include 3, 4, or 5 lessons during the month depending on the Studio Schedule and Holidays.
4. Holidays observed include W/Th/F of Thanksgiving week, two weeks at Christmas, 1 week Spring Break (following the CKSD schedule), and Memorial Day. The week following a Recital will be a break week, as the Recital counts as a lesson. There WILL be lessons as usual on all other Monday holidays, Veteran’s Day, etc. (If you need an alternative lesson day/time that week, please plan in advance). In addition, there will be 1 floating week off for the teacher per year.
5. Summer lessons are highly encouraged to ensure forward progress, and will start July 5th, 2021. Lessons are scheduled around vacations. Only pay for the lessons you sign up for. Specifics will be given at the beginning of June.
6. Sick/COVID-19 policy: Students have the option to receive lessons online via zoom, or in-person. ONLY WELL STUDENTS are allowed in the studio. Masks will be worn, and extra precautions are in place. If a student or family member is sick with a fever, is experiencing cold or flu symptoms, or awaiting a COVID test result, PLEASE STAY HOME! You may attend the lesson online via my zoom room.
7. If the Teacher has to cancel a lesson due to illness or emergency it will be rescheduled at the earliest opportunity.
8. During inclement weather, (snow, etc.) lessons will be online in my zoom room. My zoom room number is 3606212600 (my phone number). You will need to download the zoom app on your phone and/or tablet. Or visit the zoom.us website. I will give more instruction when the occasion arises.
9. Please do not come in to the studio more than a few minutes early. There may be other lessons going on, or it may be during a family break time.
10. Parking: Be sure not to block any Neighbor driveways, and unless I have given you permission, please do not park on the left side of my driveway, as my husband will need access.
11. Before your lesson starts, please come in and wash up using soap and hot water. This will reduce the spread of germs in the studio. And don’t forget to mask up!
12. There will be two Recitals/Performance opportunities throughout the year. These may be online or in-person, depending on COVID restrictions.
13.The week following a Recital is break week, and can be used as a make up day for missed lessons due to illness or emergencies. No refunds will be given for missed lessons.
14. Piano Coaches/Parents, please refrain from using your phones to take calls, check emails, facebook, text, or use the internet during class. Your undivided attention is expected.
15. It is expected that students will use the Better Practice App website to log their practice time and keep track of their assignments. It is also expected that students will watch any assigned videos or other resources on the Simply Music student intranet at https://students.simplymusic.com.
16. It is expected that students will practice regularly and come prepared to lessons. It is also understood that life is sometimes unpredictable, and unforeseen circumstances may interfere with practice. However, that should be the exception, not the rule.
17. There is a 30 day cancellation policy should you decide to quit lessons. You will be charged 1 last month’s tuition from the date of notice, and may continue to attend lessons during that time.
18.In order to maintain your place in the studio during the summer, you need to either enroll in summer lessons (at least 4 sessions) or pay a holding fee equal to 1 month’s tuition (due July 1).